The Eratosthenes Experiment March 201, organised on 22nd of March 2016 by Ellinogermaniki Agogi’s (EA) Research and Development Department as part of the Ark of Iquiry (AoI) project, received another tremendous response, as 675 schools from 44 countries all over the world participated in this celebration of science and education, calculating the circumference of the Earth by using eLearning educational tools and simple instruments.
Eratosthenes Photo Contest March 2017
Eratosthenes Experiment March 2017 Photo Contest Winner:
Mr. Krsto Maslesa from "Jovan Serbanovic"Primary school, in the city of Ranovac in Serbia.
Mr. Krsto Maslesa will receive a scholarship to attend the Inspiring Science Education Summer Academy 2017.
We would like to thank all Photo Contest participants for sending us their photos.
The two-runners up of the photo contest were:
Ms. Lucija Baljkas from the 7th grammar school, in the city of Zagreb, Croatia.
Ms. Alina Dermengiu from "Mircea cel Batran" Colegiul National, in the city of Constanta in Romania.
You can see the ten finalist (in random order) of Eratosthenes March 2017 photo contest, from which the winner and the runners up emerged, by following the links below.
- IES Italica in Santiponce, Spain
- Colegio Mozart de Clase Internacional- Col. Gabriela Mistral in Popayan, Colombia
- Idriss 1st middle school in Azrou, Morocco
- Tragaia Senior Highschool in Naxos, Greece
- 7th grammar school in Zagreb ,Croatia.
- Lower Secondary School "Don Nicola Saraceni" in Cupello, Italy
- "Jovan Serbanovic"Primary school, in Ranovac, Serbia.
- Gimnazjum nr 7 im. Noblistow Polskich in Ruda Slaska, Poland
- Colegiul National "Mircea cel Batran" in Constanta, Romania
- Escola Básica dos 2.º e 3.º Ciclos Cego do Maio, in Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
A very warm “thank you” to all participants who have helped turn the Eratosthenes Experiment into a magnificent world event!
For similar events and a wealth of educational material, teaching communities and Continuous Professional Development opportunities, join us on http://portal.opendiscoveryspace.eu/ise
On behalf of the R&D Departmnet of Ellinogermaniki Agogi,
Dr. Angelos Lazoudis