Take a photo of the experiment or the work behind it or a creative snapshot of those involved in the experiment, submit it to the Eratosthenes Photo Competition and don’t miss the opportunity to travel to the 2017 Inspiring Science Education Summer Academy in Athens. The deadline for submitting your photo is the 14th of April 2017. A committee of experts,members, of the European project Inspiring Science Education will select the winner, on the 21st of April.
The contest in 5 steps
- Take your photo.
- Submit you data.
- Register to the ODS Eratosthenes Experiment community.
- Join the Group of the Eratosthenes Experiment photo contest March 2017 (inside the ODS Eratosthenes Experiment community).
- Upload your photo and state your country, your name and details of your school/institution
Conditions, Detailed Instructions & Prize
- The theme of the contest is the Eratosthenes Experiment. Take a photo of the experiment or the work behind it or a creative snapshot of those involved in the experiment.
- Minimal manipulation of digital images, such as cropping, small adjustments to brightness, color, color balance and/or sharpness, is permitted.
- Each teacher/classroom must submit one photo.
- In case your photo includes images of minors, please make sure you have obtained a signed consent by their legal guardians. Each country follows its own procedures on the matter, so please consult with the relevant authorities.
- Only teachers from registered schools that have submitted their data can take part. For registering your school, please click here. For submitting your data, please click here.
- Study the manual carefully in the ODS Teachers Academy on how to register to the ODS portal, how to join Communities and Groups
- Then, follow the steps below:
a) Register to the ODS Eratosthenes Experiment community
b) Join the Eratosthenes Experiment photo contest March 2017 group
c) Please submit your photo. The deadline for submitting your photo is the 14th of April 2017
d) You may submit your photo by clicking on the “Comment” tab.
e) Offer a description by adding your country, your school’s or institution’s name and your own name in the “Comment” area.
f) “Select” your file, “Upload” it and then “Save”.